Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Well, shoot.

I thought when I got a camera, I would post more often. That has so not been the case. Made worse because I have also not been very good on the communication front via phone or email either. What can I say? Its been a busy couple of months and I've got a lot on my mind. The pregnancy is progressing quite nicely, all things considered. Baby J. is healthy and large, according to my doctor, and a BOY for those of you who haven't already heard (but I hope my communication skills have been better that THAT). Although I am perfectly happy to be pregnant and it is magical in many ways, I can't say that it is my favorite state of being. Zits, a chest that won't stop getting larger, blisters on the bottoms of my feet, and the other day I found three chin hairs. Um, yuck. Also on the pregnancy front, I have decided to switch doctors. I am not afraid of the pain of childbirth so much as I am unnecessary medical interventions. I HATE doctors. I HATE meds. I just do. I'll do absolutely whatever I have to do to have a healthy baby but I do not want anyone trying to pressure me into anything that is not medically necessary. Along those lines, I just signed us up for Bradley method childbirth classes.
Since I last posted we've had visits by both my Uncle Tom and my Aunt Brenda. It has been so very nice to have familiar faces around. I've been needing that lately. Badly. I'm gonna try and update once a week. That's my plan. So... more soon, for now here's the new big ol' me.

3 comments:

heidi said...

YOu look gorgeous! Sorry you're a little miserably, but you can't tell in the pic!

You are a better woman than I am- give me drugs!

Theresa H. said...

adorable! :)

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

Oh, I love it. You and the baby-you look great pregnant. Being pregnant was definitely not my favorite thing either. Love my baby though. Take good care. Thanks for finally posting, this is what I do at work. :)