Monday, September 20, 2010

Totally profesh.

I often say that I missed out on every "how to be a girl" lesson there ever was when I was growing up. For a longer period than I care to admit, I thought overalls were high fashion (beginning at age 6 and ending somewhere in my 20's. Whatever. Don't judge.)  Although I am considerably more comfortable being a girl than ever before things like going to the salon to get my hair did still seem like a huge pain in the rear, which is why I am so grateful we have a fairy hair (or hair fairy?) godmother who comes to our house and cuts our hair.  Annabelle works at Bird's (a hipster barbershop in town) and does house calls for friends.  YAY FOR FRIENDS! Jasper got his first professional haircut today and it in no way resembles the Sling Blade cut I gave him the first time I tried. YAY FOR PROFESSIONALS! 
Adjusting to days with three boys has been a flat out CHALLENGE. I just might have lost my mind if it weren't for my extremely helpful husband, who pokes his head in to see how I am doing and lend a hand when the cacophony gets too frenzied.  I have mastered the double cuddle:
 And learned today that is a bad idea to turn my back for even five seconds on either Jasper or Kingston as they both can climb like nobody's business.  I was wiping down a table after snack time today and turned around to find Jasper up on top of this thing, slapping the television.
 This whole motherhood thing ain't for the faint of heart.

1 comment:

Beth Cantwell said...

LOVE THIS PHOTO. is that fabric in your rings?