Friday, December 10, 2010

Toddlers and tigers. In that order.

Two great things about toddlers:
1. They are the easiest audience EVER. Huge belly laughs at the slightest provocation. 
2. Their body proportions are ridiculously awesome. Top of head to chin = the same length as legs.
As evidenced in this picture from our hike last weekend:
Mr. Jinkins, student of the world:

In honor of Kingston's last day, we visited the zoo. I've mentioned before that you can get REALLY close to the big cats... like 5 feet away with only a chain link fence between you close. Somehow this setup does not seem ideal. Highlighted when the big cats are angry, as they seemed to be today.
Witness my moment of terror:
 I leaned over the little railing with my arms extended to take the picture and it turned, ears pinned back, and snarled.  I think I may have peed in my pants a little and then remembered this story and couldn't help but think that if this tiger happened to escape, I'd be the first thing in the park it'd be hunting down. For the rest of our visit I was running worst case scenarios in my head and hatching "what would I do if the tiger escaped" plans.  I'm pretty sure I could lift and chuck a small pot bellied pig. Distract and escape. Best I've got.

No comments: