Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Still just fall-ish.

Before I talk about anything else, can we just discuss this kid's awesome head to body ratio?  This picture kind of kills me. I know one day he's going to to be long and lanky (and his head will no longer be a full third of his total length) and I will miss those thigh rolls terribly. 

I decided it was about time to share a couple of pictures of the house
  Here is a view of the living room from the kitchen. We've recently said sayonara to that big jumpy thing, freeing up some space, which is nice because space is at a premium here.  Not pictured: our big fireplace. I took this one to show a friend the shelves that Curtis built so that we could get rid of our big, dark bookcase.

 
And here is the scene in the kitchen while I made dinner tonight:
 
Jasper is lacing kite string around the door and his brother's high chair to make a spider web, in the hopes of luring in a golden orb spider into our kitchen. I am hoping this plan is not successful. Bernice is forever under my feet, hoping I will drop something (I usually do). She's kind of a pain in the rear, but I would rather deal with tripping over her than cleaning the floor, so win/win. Also, she's got some crayzay hair going on. Reminder: get the poor dog to the groomer. We've got big plans for this kitchen, but the nice thing is I still like it in the mean time. I really am loving our little house.

Truman and the dogs and I went for a hike today and got caught in the rain. It was actually rather lovely (and more of a sprinkle really).  The only part of Tru that wasn't covered by the stroller canopy was his feet and he was stretching them out and kicking at the rain, completely thrilled. 
 I spy a big dopey puppy, also thrilled to be out in the rain.


Here is the Texas Hill Country's contribution to fall colors.

No comments: