Thursday, August 14, 2014

Today was a good day

Curtis asked me today, "The boys are pretty easy these days, aren't they?" And I said, "Compared to what?" "Well, compared to a couple of months ago, when every time I would come inside the house was a mess and you were crying and Truman was screaming"
Oh, yeah. THAT. Compared to that, things these days are a BREEZE.  These are the days. 

 We are in for some epic battles between these two I am sure, but I love watching them together.


 Lately he insists on wearing Curtis' safety glasses in the sandbox. And he breaths fire if they slip off. 


 Making a break for it down our dead end road. 


 Jasper is not a fan of goggles, generally, but Truman would wear them full time if he could so sometimes big brother gets in on the action. Also, he only lets me take his picture these days if Truman is also in the shot. 

When Jasper was three, he started telling us that he loved us "like a tornado", which seemed like an apt description of his love during his most trying year.  His descriptions have only gotten longer. Last night he told Curtis he loved him like a robot fighting a giant inside of a tornado in a volcano crashing into Mount Rushmore. He told me he loved me that much too and loved Truman just *a tiny little bit* more than that. 
 

No comments: