Ok, does everyone remember that one time that it took me FOREVER to return a phone call, email, letter, (fill in the blank)? Yeah, so do I. And I'm sorry about that. I am horrible about keeping in touch, but that in no way means that you (and you know who you are) are not extremely important to me. So, I thought maybe I'd try keeping everyone updated by blogging. Lame? Cool? I don't know, but I thought I'd give it a try. I thought it would also inspire me to take (and share) more pictures. Of something other than just Walter.
The general update goes like this: All is well in Texas. I think most of you know this, but Curtis' design was just picked for a new beer by Shiner. We'll let y'all (yeah I said it, what?) know when it is available for purchase and admiration. I am still subbing and actually liking it quite a bit. I spent the day today with the most polite and respectful fifth graders I ever met (they called me "ma'm" and walked down the hall silently with their hands crossed behind their backs). One of the boys asked me if I was German. Is that a compliment or an insult? I'm still not sure. Better than the second grader who last week asked me if I was a grandma. Yeah. Still not over that one. Although I have mostly written it off as being due to my ill fitting crooked (because I slept in them one too many times) pair of glasses. Grandma glasses, that's what I always call them. I always call them that. No wonder the poor boy got confused.
Curtis and I are a little bummed this weekend because we are the only two amongst our circle of friends who are not headed to the Austin City Limits fest this weekend. Booooo. But we borrowed Cody's Wii and are planning on spending the weekend doing really fun things like playing zombie games, eating chicken wings, and spray painting old chairs. You can't do that at ACL, can you? Well, they may have chicken wings available. But they probably cost alot. And don't taste as good as the ones we lovingly heat up in our microwave. I'm trying to keep from crying that Gogol Bordello is playing right now and I am not there to enjoy the spectacle, but c'est la vie. Next year.
Also, some sad news. I had to put my beloved weird little cat Willa down this week. She was 16. I was (am) sad, but we definitely saw this one coming, so it was not a shock which makes it easier. She was getting stranger by the day and definitely not a happy camper anymore. Now she's makin' biscuits in heaven.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment