Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our weekend, a recap.


I haven't gotten the digital camera figured out yet, so you just get Super Walter.


As promised, our Saturday was filled with zombie killing and chicken wings but we made it to one day of ACL after all. I wasn't too excited about the lineup on Sunday but we had fun and I got to see Neko Case (who brought me nearly to tears with her beautiful voice singing this song), Gillian Welch, The Kills, and The Racontours. Plus, we got to hang out all day with Cody (Curtis' brother) which is one of the things we like best about living in Austin. The hot dusty weather did make me a little homesick for Wisconsin. I haven't really missed Madison as a location (although I miss my family like crazy) but I do miss the fall. I love love love fall in Wisconsin. We'll miss hitting up the corn maze at Treinen Farm with the Cains, the beautiful fall colors, and weather that doesn't instantly make you sweat through your clothes. After all is said and done however, I think its a fair trade to not have to deal with the heavy wet snow, ice, boots, hats, mittens, scarves, bitter cold, overcast gloom, and endless shoveling that comes with winter in Wisconsin.

I am working on getting my digital camera figured out so that I can share pictures and show you what life looks like here but in the meantime, you absolutely must click here. Does anyone recognize that car? Looks just like the one I used to have!

No comments: