Monday, October 6, 2008

Crafty.

Still no digital camera, but gotta love Macs for their photobooth application. Here are two pillows I made for our house after coveting this pillow on the Anthropologie website. Mine aren't quite as cool, but I think I like them anyway. Tim and Judy (Curtis' dad and stepmom) were in town this weekend and I do believe we ate our way through Austin. It was delicious. We also went to see Burn After Reading at the Alamo Drafthouse. Which reminded me of two things: I love the Coen brothers and whenever we have out of town guests we are definitely taking them to see a movie at the Alamo because I love it as well.

On a work related note, I had my first awful day of subbing today. The teacher left me very little to go on and the kids were SOOOOO NAUGHTY. I knew I was in trouble when I told the secretary who I was subbing for as I was checking in and she said, "Oooooh, girl! Good luck!" Next time a secretary says that to me, I am going to fake an apendicitis and hightail it outta there. I bit off every single one of my fingernails while they were in Art (is that too much information?). The assistant principal stopped in twice to assess the situation and left both times assuring me, "You're doing great! You've got it under control." But I still left thinking that I never want to go back there EVER. And that, my friends, is the beauty of being a substitute teacher, I never have to.

2 comments:

anna said...

I LOVE YOUR PILLOWS!!!!!! did that sound dirty? i didn't mean it dirty. your ultra craftyness, of which i am so proud, reminds me... i keep forgetting to ask you if you know about the Austin Craft Mafia. if you don't, it's time. check it out. (and if you ever accidently make any extra pillows of that sort, i've got an empty couch here. just sayin')
Sorry about your rough day but that does have to be a good feeling knowing you don't ever have to return. Go subbing.
love you, love your blog

anna said...

i just have to add that i looked again and i actually like your pillows more than anthropologie's. and i'm not being biased cause as much as i love you, anthropologie is the best thing on this planet.