
Things I inherited from my Grandma K: hands with character, a love of reading and yoga, and a propensity for laryngitis (and lots of my other lovelier qualities to be sure). So, after being frightened into silence (not even a whisper) by my Dad and Aunt (thanks for the advice you two, you were right), I spent the last three days at home nursing my stubborn vocal chords. How did I spend my time you ask?
Day One: Lots of sleep and feeling a little down in the dumps.
Day Two: Deep cleaning the house and hosting a dance party for one (the tried and true Boylan method of cheering yourself up) with this soundtrack: vintage Madonna, this song (which we also play when Walter gets a bath), this (which must be simultaneously watched and danced to), two entire albums by this lady, and a few other guilty pleasures (one of my best all time memories? the Boylan family group dance at our wedding/birthday/graduation party to this song. I love that my relatives love nothing more than to shake a tail feather).
Day Three: Meticulously going through every piece of paper in our house and properly filing it AND THEN making creations for my newly created Etsy site, which currently has nothing on it, but you should check back because I've decided to put my craftiness to WORK!
Back to work finally today. I was having anxiety this morning that by the end of the day I would be mute again, but all is well. I was at my favorite school (so far) but in a third grade classroom that I had never been in before and when the kids saw me one of them said, "We have a sub! And its a white lady!" I love having a job that makes me laugh every day. Even on the bad days. And good news- at the end of the day I still have a voice (though I am still taking it easy, no phone calls yet. I'm going to try to stay as quiet as possible at home today and tomorrow just to be safe).

2 comments:
Howdy,
This is my first attemtpt to post to any blog.......I know, I know....I am learing....slowly.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello and Say Happy Anniversary! I hope you were able to get out and celebrate a bit tonight,...or over the weekend.
I miss both of you and hope that you know I hold you both close to my heart and wish we all could be together to Celebrate the Holidays.
Know that you both are missed and I hope our paths cross soon in 2009.
Love, Tom
Hi
As I said, I am learning....just noticed I spelled learning...learing.... in my first ever post....lol....must have been nervous.
Peace and Love
tom
Post a Comment