Friday, July 10, 2009

This is how we do.

I am finding that my brain has little capacity for sentence forming these days... all I have are half thoughts before my mind jumps to something else that must be done or thought about. Anna assures me that my brain is doing amazing things, rewiring itself for the demands of motherhood, but I just feel like a space cadet.

Things here are moving full speed ahead, Curtis has been a paintin' fool and I have been trying my best to keep up and be helpful with getting this place in shape for guests this weekend (baby shower time) and a new permanent resident whose arrival is imminent. Here are some pictures
of our work:
We are feeling pretty pleased with these two rooms, as the bulk of our work has gone into them so far. Still need to get the carpet out sometime soon, because I strongly believe pets and carpet do not mix and have photographic evidence to back up that assertion. Its not pretty.

Alright, back to work, getting ready for house guests. I haven't taken pictures of my feet, but I will...especially because yesterday I cashed in on the spa day Curtis gave me for mother's day and got myself a little mani/pedi action and a massage. Never before has the term "lipstick on a pig" made so much sense to me. If you just look at my toenails, vast improvement, take in the big picture, not so cute. C'est la vie. The experience was awesome and if I ever win the lottery I will employ a full time masseuse. Here is the 37 week belly shot:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, everything looks great! I love the painting! (i'm assuming a CJ original) and i love the curtains. and the nursery looks awesome and you, as always, look gorgeous and amazing! can't wait to see the house and meet the little guy in person.
xoxo
anna