Our first year in Austin was a lonely one for me... I was working as a substitute teacher (thus no regular coworkers) and got pregnant shortly after we moved here (making me simultaneously sleepy, nauseous, and emotional), plus I tend to be a little on the shy side. All of this added up to very little socializing. I would drive down to the bookstore, just to get out of the house and call Anna (my BFF since age 11), crying from the car. She assured me that I would find my people in Austin, that it takes time. Then I would cry harder because I was scared that I was making my baby depressed because I was crying so much.
Sad. Sack.
Remembering this, this weekend I am feeling especially grateful community of friends we have found here.I have found my people here in Austin and what an amazingly kind, thoughtful, funny, and smart group they are. Makes living so far away from so many of our friends and my side of the family just a little bit easier.


1 comment:
This makes my heart swell up with happy! I miss you miss t-tone :)
Post a Comment