Saturday, December 1, 2012

5 days in.

So, turns out birthing an 11 pound baby with the biggest head the midwife has ever seen is hard on a person's body.  Yesterday was still not able to walk or shift positions while laying down without major pain and so my midwife thinks I have this going on. Which means more bed rest. We are getting by with major help from Nikki, who has been here all week and has been taking excellent care of us all.  I will say that having a warm snuggly baby to cuddle with is making bed rest a whole lot more tolerable.  Here are two from yesterday:

I am the luckiest girl in the world. 

2 comments:

Cassie Butt Beckwith said...

I hope you start feeling better! I am so glad you have help and yes you are one lucky girl with all those great men! Love to you all.

emilie said...

Is SPD one of those things that eventually a chiropractor could help with adjustments, maybe? Just throwing it out there. I finally went to a chiro this fall after YEARS of lower back pain. Turns out being pregnant with an 11 lb baby torqued my pelvis and lower back so much that it was completely twisted. A few months of adjustments and I'm pain free.