Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Goodbyes.

My best memories from when I was little almost all involve my extended family, both in Canada and Wisconsin. When I was in my 20's, my mom disappeared into a fog of addiction; her brothers and sisters and their families (along with my own brother and sister in law)provided a sense of home when my life felt chaotic.  I can't begin to explain how appreciative I am or how much I love my aunts and uncles. Today, my uncle Bill (Rosco to those who loved him), died after a short intense battle with cancer. We are feeling heartbroken.
*I was trying to figure out how to take panoramic shots so ignore the fact that Walter is missing part of his body.

I am missing my family beyond words and wishing that we lived closer but finding solace in gratitude. I am so thankful that my aunt is surrounded by people who love her and can help her navigate the next days and weeks. I am so grateful that we got to spend last week with my brother and his family (we had the BEST time). And I am super appreciative of my children and husband for their ability to add levity to every situation. 




 More pictures of the cousins here.

 
 

1 comment:

NYCity Mama said...

We love you, Toni and are so happy we were able to spend time together. We will all miss Rosco terribly. Big hugs xoxox