Monday, April 22, 2013

Just keep swimming.

The great thing about kids is that you really can't wallow in anything for too long. You have to keep moving forward because there are diapers to change and stories to listen to and scraped knees to kiss. So that is what I am doing. And let me tell you, Jasper has some stories to tell. He's been really into making up stories together lately, he starts, we add some, then he does... starring such jems as: brothers Effnita and Shoedwala (who save cheetahs in Africa)and Hunk,the chimp boy. I love his imagination and the way his little mind works. 


This week Curtis is working on site, painting a large mural for a new company that is moving to Austin, so the boys and I are going it alone (we don't usually bug Curtis too much during the day anyway, but it is always nice to know he is down at the end of the hall in case of some sort of crisis, usually of the bathroom variety). Day one down and so far, so good. We spent the day at our favorite state park and it was our first solo (solo adult anyway) hike since Truman arrived. I am happy to report that I am still able to walk this evening (thank you physical therapy!). Feeling kind of on top of the world.    


Speaking of hiking, last week we dropped off Gran at the airport and sent her off to Spain for two and a half months of hiking.  She and her aunt (who is in her 80's!) are doing this. We already miss her like crazy, but couldn't be more proud of those two ladies. 

Also, Truman had his four month check-up last week (a little late) and is officially off the charts in height, weight, and head circumference.  He is such a happy laid back guy. We couldn't love him more. 

 This morning's mutual admiration society.

No comments: