Yesterday was sort of rotten for the following reasons:
1. No sleep. Fussy baby = Tired mama.
2. Early morning meeting with an irate parent. She went to the principal to complain about my T.A.
3. Rest of the afternoon spent with an irate T.A.
4. There was testing going on at our school, so we were all supposed to be quiet in the hall. One of my children pulled the fire alarm. While I was holding his hand.
5. Nagging feelings of yuck from an uncomfortable social situation. Has this ever happened to you? An acquaitance who I am not particularly fond of is also, sort of obviously, not fond of me and its been making me feel bad. Why?? Lame.
But in the end, I managed to turn it around by:
1. Taking a lovely nap with my baby.
2. Dealing with and then letting go the issues with the parent and T.A.
3. Laughing about the ridiculousness of life sometimes.
4. Remembering that people who make me feel like I am back in high school are not on my list of people who matter.
5. Making some really awesome potato leek soup (conjuring up some Bob Boylan mojo).
6. Watching the season premier of Ghost Hunters and a really creepy episode of Destination Truth. I love the Syfy channel (viva la nerd!!).
And I promise to post a picture tonight.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love the pic of Jasper "caught in the act"...he'll get out of a lot of trouble with that look over the next 18 years :)
If you love ghosts and syfy, you definitely need to come visit Savannah!! Wow, would we have a lot to do. I hope today and tomorrow were less rotten.
I would LOOOVE to visit Savannah! It is definitely on our list!
OH MY- Worst nightmare fire alarm stuff for you and those TAKS teachers!
Love the Jesus- and the cleaning... wish I had one (a cleaner- I have a Jesus- he is very sweet)!
Post a Comment