Read it! I think I have laughed out loud on every single page so far. That might just be a lady perspective though... after listening to me trying to stifle giggles for a half hour last night while we read our respective books, Curtis finally asked me to read him an excerpt and he did not have to stifle anything.
To my credit though, I don't have typically girly taste in books. I read Pride and Prejudice for my book club last month and was the sole lady at the party who #1. had just read it for the first time and #2. thought it sucked. I was deemed thoroughly unromantic. C'est la vie. I love classics but this was 300 pages of ladies sitting around talking about lame dudes and clothes. Watch the BBC version (Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy does have some appeal, even if he IS wearing tights) if you are so inclined. Might be the one and only time I have ever liked the movie version better than the book.


No comments:
Post a Comment