Saturday, April 23, 2011

chickinspiration

I had to drag CJ and Ted away from a chainsaw  and a big dead tree in our yard this morning and to accompany me on the Funky Chicken Coop Tour, but I am so glad I did (and so are they)! My dad would work from dawn 'til dusk if we let him and he isn't a fan of sightseeing, so finding a non-work related activity that he would enjoy is no easy task but the chicken coop tour fit the bill. We came home feeling inspired and with the newly acquired knowledge that you can keep goats in the city of Austin. GOATS! 

Here are some pictures from the funkiest of the funky chicken coops on the tour:
 Aside from the chicken wire, this is all made from found material.
 
A nesting box with a view. 

 Ping pong table coop!

 Goats!

Too bad the auto shop/junk yard down the block recently took down their "Se venden chivos" sign. I kid, no goats in our near future. But, just maybe, some chickens... 

p.s. RIP One Eyed Willie (Nelson). Probably for the best, but still...

No comments: