Sunday, July 24, 2011

This weekend:

We had our first night out on the town in ummmm..... two years?? Sad but true. We've gone out on short dates, but when you are paying a babysitter the ridiculous amount that babysitters charge these days, you keep your outings brief.  Jasper had his first over night with his Gran in Wimberley and we went to see these guys, who Curtis is doing some work for.  So much fun and a good reminder that #1 we love Austin and #2 we love each other. Awwww. The magic of date night (and a supportive, nearby grandparent).
Also this weekend- potty training + dino undies.

Its a big deal, people. I've been thinking for months that I need to get a book or something and figure out how to do this, but its just kind of started happening without me doing anything special (story of my life as a parent so far- I keep MEANING to read a "how-to" manual... but so far so good without excessive studying). 

File this under: Regrets? I've had a few. I made the mistake of sending this to Curtis. Now he knows all the words. P.S. I have never watched "The Talk" but after the hosts' faces in this clip, I think I can resolutely say that I hate the show. P.P.S. I realize there is some hypocrisy in simultaneously laughing at this video and hating the hosts for being smug, but what can I say? I am not perfect.

No comments: