Friday, October 19, 2012

Phew, its over.

So ready to say sayonara to this week, but we've managed to end it on a high note: got to take a peek at the little man today.
Queue grumbly complaints from my dad, "I can never see a g!@#$mn thing in these pictures!" 
It's a pouty little face! It was a difficult capture, he kept moving and putting his arm over his face, but pretty sure I can tell already he's gonna be awesome. Our midwife thinks our dates may be off a little so she wants us to prepare for a possible early delivery... meaning this child could appear (oh how I wish that is how it actually happened, like some sort of David Copperfield magic: one second squishing all of my internal organs, the next second WAH LAAAAHHH! in my arms)in as little as THREE WEEKS. I'm not holding my breath, but you won't hear me complaining if things happen just a tiny little bit earlier than we were expecting. 

 Juicy II and Dorothy: a portrait of trauma.

And in Jasper news: yesterday he almost killed our fish. I was folding laundry and he and Otto disappeared, I realized pretty quickly things were way too quiet to be good and found out that in less than three minutes they had shoved all of Jasper's bedtime books, some garbage, and the entire contents of the jar of fish food into the aquarium. Poor Juicy II and Dorothy were smooshed in a corner and I learned that I still have the ability to muster a pretty scary and commandeering teacher voice (the key is never yell, keep it very calm and just drop it an octave or two). 

 


No comments: