Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blog surfing...

Didn't get any pictures this weekend, but I was perusing blogs yesterday and came upon this quote that I love from actor Jason Schwartzman talking about his mom, Talia Shire:
"But, at a young age, what I really did witness, because she never forced it upon us, but I witnessed how movies and music can be nutritional, I guess, to a person. I would come home from school; she would always be downstairs with an old movie on. Every room in our house had a different book open, face down. There would be music on in one room, even though she wouldn't be in it, and she would kind of just go from room to room and pick up and read and go and listen and go downstairs and watch. She needs that. It's still the same way. If you go to my house, the same house I grew up in, she's there with movies on, music playing and books everywhere. And so I witnessed how important these things can be to you."

Perfectly said, I think. Movies, music, books, and art ARE nutrition.  The ingredients for raising an intelligent, interesting, person of the world regardless of how much money you have or where you live or how much you travel. 
This is the song we've been singing at our house today:
And just so I don't leave you photo-less, I stole this most perfect picture from my brother's facebook page (hope you don't mind Trav)of him with two of his boys which was taken by this blogger. I LOVELOVELOVE it.

No comments: