(2) Every time I have tried to own two dogs, something ends up happening to one of them. After years of this, I have decided maybe the universe is trying to tell me that I am a one dog kind of girl. I think the universe might be trying to tell me the same thing about watching three babies. I wasn't loving it (love being at home with Jasper, and love Elliot and Kingston too, but taking care of three under two meant that I was stuck at home or in within walking vicinity). Maybe not, but now for the second time since beginning this venture I am down to Jasper + 1. And it feels pretty good. We'll have to do some figuring to see if we can make it work, but with two I feel like I have more time and energy to devote not only to them, but to other business ventures as well. We'll just have to see...
(3)Many of you know I was a vegetarian for over a decade, and then started eating meat again with the caveat (initially anyway) that I would only eat animals that I thought I myself could personally kill (chicken and fish). Think it's weird if you want, I still think its a good rule of thumb. I've since fallen off that wagon as well but I'm gonna be putting my money where my mouth is on Saturday because I just signed up for a "Rooster Processing" class at our farm. Its kind of a litmus test, because I've been fantasizing about backyard chickens lately but have been unable to decide if they'd turn into egg-laying pets or eventual meals. I'm a little nervous. Hope I don't scream. Or cry.
(4) Walking is quickly becoming the preferred modus operandi around here and his distraction techniques are becoming more sophisticated. Twice today when he was about to get reprimanded (for throwing food at Curtis and hitting the dog) he yelled "OOOOHH!" (in a very Andrew Dice Clay kind of way) and pointed at something in the distance with a look of shock and awe on his face. Hmmm....we may be in trouble here, folks.
Pictures (of the boy, not chickens,I promise)soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment