Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Today.


This morning all conversation had to take place through the giraffe hand puppet. This boy and his imagination. 

We made it to the hair appointment. I told Margot to leave it shaggy, and she did! But...when someone got to check it out in the mirror he cried real tears. Apparently, it is way way too short for his liking. I think he looks handsome. But I'm just the mother. 
 
And for the record, I still look like this:
This week has brought to my attention that there might be a need for me to share some of my feelings about home birth...

Let me start by saying, that especially after having gone through the labor experience that I did with Jasper (53 hours of insanity)I really do not judge any decision any pregnant woman makes about how she feels most comfortable getting her baby from in utero to out in the world. We chose to have a birth in the hospital with a midwife the first time, because that was a compromise between what Curtis felt comfortable with and what I wanted. This time around we are both hoping for a much more peaceful experience at home.  And its not because I am crazy, a glutton for pain, or because we think it gives us some sort of cool street cred.  I have done research, read countless books, interviewed midwives and doctors and mothers, and this is what I feel most comfortable and safest with. I have encouraged several family members to watch the movie The Business of Being Born as a kind of introduction to the why and hows of home birth, but thought I should mention it here too and encourage you to watch it if you have concerns or questions. The movie is on Netflix streaming, if you have it. 

Ok, that's all.  Thanks everyone for the words of support the last few days. I actually am feeling pretty zen about it all (that could change tomorrow)and am just getting really excited to meet our new boy.    
 

No comments: